Today’s TLS episode is one of the most listened to episodes of all time — and this All Star guest has personally influenced my daily habits in more ways than any other guest thus far.
In this interview, hormone specialist, integrative nutritionist, and Flo Living founder, Alisa Vitti, shares some surprising facts and an entirely new way of approaching our lives. For example:
Did you know that today’s traditional nutrition, work schedule, and exercise recommendations are all centered around male hormone patterns?
Did you know things like PMS, cramps, unexplained infertility, low libido, PCOS, endometriosis, fibroids, and eczema are improved (or even fixable) by optimizing our hormones?
This episode is perfect for women looking to understand how we can optimize our hormones to improve every aspect of our lives.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL FIND OUT ABOUT
- What inspired Alisa to start a period club in the 6th grade with her friends.
- The intuitive feeling she had as a young woman that something wasn’t right in her body.
- The severe health issues Alisa experienced in her 20’s and how she finally discovered what was the cause of her problems.
- Why Alisa decided to find an alternative to her doctor’s recommendations for how to treat her Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS).
- Alisa explains what hormones and the endocrine system are, why they are important, and why now is an especially important time for women to examine their hormonal health.
- Why Alisa’s protocol is helpful for any woman, not only women with serious issues like PCOS, fibroids, and endometriosis.
- Why I initially experienced resistance to learning about Alisa’s protocol.
- Why she believes in eating, exercising, and working differently throughout the month based on where you are in your cycle.
- Alisa’s advice to someone who is currently on the pill who would like to get healthy using the FLO protocol.
- Alisa’s advice to someone who might get criticized by friends and family about the new changes they are making.
- 3 baby steps you can take right now to get your health and hormones in balance.
- How having balanced hormones has given Alisa energy, focus. and power both during and after her recent pregnancy.
- What Alisa would tell someone just starting out on this journey.
LISTEN TO THE SHOW