Today’s Lively Show episode is near and dear to my heart: investing in yourself.
For many years I thought learning was best done through experience alone, rather than books, classes, and conferences.
But my views are now completely reversed. I am now a huge advocate for learning from relevant sources as much as possible.
Amber Housley embodies this spirit of learning and investing in yourself more than anyone else I know online. So I asked her to be on today’s episode to share her learning tips and tactics with us.
She is constantly expanding her skills and as a result has done a remarkable job building a profitable lifestyle business while juggling a full-time job and raising two young children.
In today’s episode, Amber shares how she invests in herself wisely, particularly now that she has the two littles to care for, and how she gets the most of her educational experiences.
This episode is perfect for anyone who is feeling a bit “stuck” in their lives, or for avid learners looking to be as effective as possible.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL FIND OUT ABOUT
- How Amber broke into the wedding invitation, wedding planning, and event planning business while juggling a full-time job.
- The mindset shift that Amber made that turned her full-time job into a huge asset for her business.
- Amber’s advice to help you get the most out of live conferences.
- How Amber stays intentional with her social media consumption.
- Various ways to invest in yourself locally and online at a variety of pricepoints.
- Amber’s suggestions to help you get started when investing in yourself.
- The resistance Amber faces in her life about her business and full-time job.
- What Amber would tell someone just starting out on this journey.
AH Inspired 2014 Conference (Use code: JESSLIVELY to get a $200 discount off your registration starting 4/25. Please also know that I receive a small commission if you sign up using this code.)
LISTEN TO THE SHOW
Want more? Check out past Lively Show episodes here.
PS – If you find this podcast helpful and would like to share, please leave a review on iTunes. Thank you so much!