This week on TLS I’m sharing the real deal: I had a pretty disorienting week. I’m feeling a bit like a fish out of water – I’m not quite sure where I belong in the world and where I’ll end up in the next few weeks, months, or years (as much as my ego would like to start gnawing on these questions and answers now).
In the episode, I’ll be sharing what I’ve learned from this fuzzy period so far, and how we can all approach confusing moments like these in our lives.
This episode is perfect for anyone who is feeling like they want to know the “answers” to aspects of their lives, yet life is telling them it’s not yet time to know.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL FIND OUT ABOUT
- I’ll tell you about why I have a feeling of disorientation.
- I explain what the U-Curve Hypothesis is and how I’m experiencing the phases of it on this trip.
- What the Honeymoon, Crisis, Adaptation, Recovery, and Adjustment stages reflect during cross-cultural adjustment.
- Why I need to listen to my intuition (and less of the Ego) and stick to Adventure and Flow.
- Why I don’t need to reach for the answers which cannot be given to me now.
Letters to a Young Poet – Rainer Maria Rilke
LISTEN TO THE SHOW