Today on the Lively Show, I’m having a very open, honest conversation with illustrator, graphic designer, author, and friend, Becky Murphy about the “not-so-Instagram-y” side of small business.
In more of a dialogue than an “interview,” we dive into the doubts, struggles, and mistakes we’ve made on our paths as entrepreneurs.
This episode is perfect for anyone looking to learn about challenges of small business, or for small business owners who are looking to feel a little less alone when things feel hard.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL FIND OUT ABOUT
- How Becky went full-time with her freelance career.
- What the first year of business was like for Becky as a freelancer and the stresses she faced internally.
- How pride gets in our way and causes undue stress based on our assumptions about our business growth.
- Why getting a book deal was actually an obstacle (in some ways) for her business.
- What to do when you are fixated on a version of success that is making you miserable.
- The challenges and breakthroughs that come with letting go of expectations in your business.
- The shiny penny I’ve been grappling with lately that I’ve learned I need to let go of in order to find peace.
What Becky would tell someone just starting out on this journey.
LISTEN TO THE SHOW
Want more? Check out more Lively Show episodes here.
PS – The Life With Intention Online Intention Setting Mini Series is going on now and is ending soon! Sign up to get the free training here.
PPS – If you liked this show, you may also like: