To kick off TLS Mindfulness Month, today we are diving deep into “the ego” and changing negative thought patterns.
An oh-so-empowering practice to improve every aspect of our lives.
To explain how to change negative “ego attacks” step-by-step, we’re talking with life coach Brooke Castillo of The Life Coach School and The Life Coach School podcast. Brooke is a weight loss and life coach who now helps other people become coaches, too.
In addition to diving deep into the ego, we’re sharing openly about our personal journeys to heal ego obsessions with body image and career.
This episode is perfect for anyone looking to understand the concept of “ego” (as I refer to it on the show) and wants to learn a step-by-step process to change negative thought patterns.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL FIND OUT ABOUT
- How Brooke’s love for self help developed early on and what books had the greatest influence on her growing up.
- What Brooke believes is the most influential tool in your life and how it affects and creates your feelings.
- Brooke explains how we can better access our intuition by observing our thoughts and understanding the ego.
- Why Brooke believes we should look at our thoughts as opinions, rather than facts.
- The common misconception about the Law of Attraction.
- How we can create a huge shift in how we feel day to day by changing the way we think about our to do list.
- We both discuss our own struggles with weight and how we were able to find peace in that area of our lives.
- The danger in finding your worth in your work.
- Brooke shares about her ongoing struggle with doubt.
- What Brooke would tell someone just starting out on this journey.
LISTEN TO THE SHOW
PS- Remember to bookmark this show for when you find you’ve got a tricky ego-attack to help get you back on track then, too!