Today’s Lively Show episode is the perfect blend of deep introspection, inspiration, practical how-to, and fun!
I’m talking with Caroline Rector of the minimalist fashion blog, Unfancy.
Caroline’s blog focuses on creating a “capsule wardrobe,” which – for her – means wearing the same 37 pieces (including shoes!) for three months at a time.
I knew I had to have her on the show to share the journey that brought her to the concept… and share her insights for those of us who would like to attempt a similar experiment in our own wardrobes.
This show is perfect for anyone interested in trying a creative wardrobe framework, simplifying, discovering their true style, or tackling difficult shopping issues.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL FIND OUT ABOUT
- The two big limiting beliefs that Caroline had to overcome in her life which eventually brought her to style and fashion blogging.
- How Caroline reexamined her negative thought patterns and mainstream media messages in order to change the way she looked at herself and reality. (Heads up: we talk about breasts.)
- The four month long soul journey that Caroline went on between ending her previous career and starting her new one as a minimalist fashion blogger.
- Where the concept of capsule collections comes from, and the blogs that helped introduce Caroline to the concept initially.
- Why Caroline has settled on the number 37 for her capsule collections.
- How Caroline approaches setting the number of pieces in a capsule collection and her suggestions for others thinking to do something similar.
- Caroline’s approach to shopping when she’s creating a capsule.
- The step-by-step guide to starting your own capsule collection experiment.
- The revelations that Caroline experienced from not clothes shopping for long periods of time.
- How this shift in shopping and style has impacted the rest of Caroline’s life.
- Caroline’s recommendations for those who have full-time jobs or two separate roles that require completely different types of clothing.
What Caroline would tell someone just starting out on this journey.
LISTEN TO THE SHOW
Want more? Check out more Lively Show episodes here.
PS – If you liked this episode, you may also like: