I’ve been a big fan of Erin Gates of Elements Of Style for many years and I have loved reading her blog and learning from her as a designer and following her life and career.
In this episode we talk about her exceptional career path and book deal.
But our main topic is perfectionism (starting at 18:30) – how Erin has learned to make the most out of it and appreciate it for what it is, rather than fighting to change herself.
This episode is perfect for bloggers, designers, aspiring authors, and anyone who struggles with perfectionism.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL FIND OUT ABOUT
- How a variety of jobs – creative and not creative – led to Erin getting into interior design.
- What Erin did once she quit her day job (before her business was a smashing success) to grow her business and blog into a lucrative full-time career.
- How Erin and her husband, Andrew, communicate about her success and income in their marriage.
- How Erin’s incredible book deal came about (and why she believes it was so well received).
- Erin’s struggle with perfectionism and how she handles it.
- How to kindly say no to projects you don’t want to do.
- Why Erin believes her perfectionism isn’t something to fight or change about herself, but something to accept and manage.
- What Erin would tell someone just starting out on this journey.
Elements of Style – Erin Gate’s new book
LISTEN TO THE SHOW
Want more? Check out past Lively Show episodes here.
PS – If you find this podcast helpful and would like to share, please leave a review on iTunes. Thank you so much!