Good morning! I’m launching the Diversey collection on Jess LC tomorrow and have plenty of work ahead of me (lookbook, programming the online pages, uploading product shots, drafting an email blast, MML posts, and so on) so I have my little hands full of things to do. But in the meantime, I thought I’d re-share this recipe for mac and cheese via my mom, from my Grandma Constable. It. Is. So. Good. And easy, oh so easy. I made it last night for my friend Cathy and her husband.
Judging by the (lack of) leftovers, I’d say it was a huge hit! Try it yourself. I promise there will be no regrets!
Yum. This wonderfulness is my dinner tonight. I got the recipe from my mom, but the cheese sauce is actually from my Grandma’s Cheesy Onion recipe. Since I had all the ingredients on hand except for the cheese, this was a logical, delicious, and inexpensive dish to make. I used to be intimidated by the homemade cheese sauce, but it is really easy since it requires the microwave(!). Try it and let me know what you think.
Macaroni and Cheese
- 2 C shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 box pasta (I used whole wheat), cooked and drained
- 2 C milk
- 4 T flour
- 4 T butter
- 1/4 t pepper
- 1/4 t paprika
- Preheat oven to 350* and cook pasta.
- Melt butter and stir in flour, pepper, and paprika. Whisk in milk. Cook in microwave for 8 minutes on power level 8 (stir 2-3 times during cooking).
- Stir in shredded cheese until melted.
- Add sauce and noodles to greased casserole dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes and enjoy!
For those who like a softer, unbaked mac and cheese you can call it quits at this stage like my brother, Mikey C.
WANT MORE INTENTION IN YOUR INBOX?
Follow by email and get the
WITH INTENTION QUICK START GUIDE