Today I’m pumped to kick off July’s Summer Series theme of Book Club Month with none other than bestselling author, Gretchen Rubin.
Today we’re speaking about Gretchen’s newest book, Better Than Before, which dives into the methods that allow us to make habits and stick to them – based on our individual habit tendencies.
This episode is perfect for anyone interested in incorporating positive habits into their life and have struggled, or just want to do even “better than before.”
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL FIND OUT ABOUT
- What lead Gretchen to quit her job as a law clerk for Sandra Day O’Connor and begin writing.
- The problem with some of the assumptions we have about forming habits.
- Her new and unique way of looking at personalities and how they relate to habits.
- How to set up your habits in a way that works for you personally and for your personality type.
- How Gretchen’s Four Tendencies can help us to understand the people we live and work with as well as ourselves.
- What Gretchen believes is the number one best tip for starting any new habit.
- Gretchen shares a few ways to avoid overcommitment in our lives.
- The difference between Moderators and Abstainers and why it is important to know which one you are.
- We talk about the concept of Loopholes and how to avoid them in order to build stronger habits.
- The importance of self compassion and how it’s possible to keep a good habit even if you fail once in a while.
- Why rewards often interfere with habit formation and the best way to use rewards to form a habit.
- Why knowing your values is important for creating new habits.
- Gretchen shares important Foundation Level habits for anyone who doesn’t know where to start.
- What Gretchen would tell someone just starting out on this journey.
LISTEN TO THE SHOW