In today’s Lively Show, we are diving headfirst into the world of intuitive eating and sharing how we can apply intuitive eating principles to our holiday food choices.
As I’ve shared on the show before, I personally struggled on both sides of the scale with under- and overeating for nine years and I know how tricky intuitive eating can seem — especially during the holidays!
Today I am joined by Isabel Foxen Duke, an intuitive eating coach and all around wonderful + hilarious person, to explore this topic in depth.
This episode is perfect for anyone who wants to explore the concepts of intuitive and emotional eating on a deeper level, or for anyone seeking a mindful approach to holiday food.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL FIND OUT ABOUT
Isabel teaches us how to eat intuitively around food and during the holiday.
She explains how diet was forced on her when she was 3 years old and the effect that diet had on her.
How she grew up hating her body and how this is not a unique story for women
She talks about “fallen off the wagon” and how to get rid of the wagon.
- Isabel tells us how she figured out that diet was not working and how she changed her mindset.
- Why she thinks service is not effective if you don’t love the work.
- Isabel describes how most women in this country are not losing weight for health reasons but for social reasons.
- She tells use to make decisions moment to moment.
- Isabel tells us how important it is to let go to get your results and be happy.
- Isabel would tell someone just starting out on this journey.
LISTEN TO THE SHOW