Today’s Lively show is a very “lively,” action-packed conversation with author and thought leader, Jon Acuff. Jon is a thoughtful, funny, and down-to-earth author with five books under his belt, including Start and Quitter.
Today, we’re speaking about the topic of his newest book, Do Over, which is all about cultivating the four aspects of our “Career Savings Account,” so that we can navigate positive, unexpected, and negative career transitions that will inevitably pop at various points in our careers (non-biz and biz alike).
This episode is perfect for anyone who wants to grow and invest in their career so that they can: choose self-directed “do overs” throughout their career, or bounce back from unexpected (or unwelcome) career “do overs.”
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL FIND OUT ABOUT
- How Jon’s book Do Over has helped a broad range of people — from stay at home moms to college grads — learn how to handle life change.
- Jon’s formula for an amazing career, and the area in which he believes most of us are lacking.
- Why Jon suggests meeting with advocates on a regular basis who are able to speak honest truth into your life, and how to find them.
- Two things you can do to change your job tomorrow.
- The problem with the idea that you have to be an entrepreneur to do meaningful work.
- Why looking at your job to provide everything you need for fulfillment is not the answer.
- The one powerful question Jon asks before each speaking engagement that has made him a more effective speaker.
- Jon’s advice on online dating profiles.
- What Jon would tell someone just starting out on this journey.
Squarespace Mini Interview Guest: Allison Magpantay
LISTEN TO THE SHOW