Today’s Lively Show is a wonderful conversation with author and podcast host, Jonathan Fields.
Good Life Project, Jonathan’s podcast, is a wonderful show with incredible guests. And in case you’re interested, I’ve also been fortunate to have been on the show recently talking about masculine and feminine energy as well. In Jonathan’s newest book, How To Live a Good Life, is a deep dive into one of the most profound insights I’ve come across in the 2.5 years I’ve been hosting TLS.
In today’s episode, we are going into a wide range of subjects including how to thrive in every area of your life – in a way that seems initially counterintuitive (which is why so many of us, including myself, have fallen into the trap that is in direct contrast to this principle).
This episode is perfect for anyone looking to learn about a powerful and simple principle that allows you to thrive in all areas of your life, particularly when you feel burned out.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL FIND OUT ABOUT
- He discuss what “living a good life” is how important it is to him to be present in the life of his wife and daughter.
- Jonathan explains his 3 buckets philosophy which is contribution, connection, and vitality.
- He tells us that Vitality is about optimizing your state of mind and body.
- Jonathan mentions that cultivating deep and meaningful relationships is important to the connection bucket.
- He explains how the contribution bucket is all about how you contribute to the world and how that interacts with you and the world as a whole.
- Jonathan discuss the three basic “laws” or rules of the 3 buckets since they need to be in harmony with each other to be effective.
- He discusses how cultivating awareness is the metaskill that flips the switch from being reactive to being intentional.
- Jonathan talks about the difference between “mindful” vs “mindfull.”
- He’s mentions the four different types of love and that it ok not to have all four types to fill our connection bucket.
- Jonathan speaks about the power of belonging and why it’s so vital.
He describes the contribution bucket and how it’s the work we do in the world, whether or not it’s our job, career or something else.
Jonathan goes over the “Ripple Not Thinking Wave” effect.
He describes in detail about the word “generative” and it really means the state that everything falls into perfect alignment.
- Jonathan talks about Seeded Mindfulness Meditation and why it’s about allowing and releasing.
LISTEN TO THE SHOW