Today’s episode has been a long time coming.
It started last fall, when The Lively Show was just an idea waiting to happen. On a tiny white leather couch at a New York City event, Joy Wilson (aka Joy the Baker) helped me understand the world of podcasting.
And she promised to be on the show.
Today, in episode #20, she did just that.
Joy is well known baker, cookbook author, blogger, and podcaster.
But she also happens to be a most joyful and charming person.
Today we’re chatting about her long – and often hilarious - journey to baking and blogging, how she faces fears, and why moving to New Orleans has helped increase her peacefulness.
This is a laugh-filled episode that is literally a “Joy” to listen to!
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL FIND OUT ABOUT
- How Joy became a baker (hint: it involves the US Postal Service, Ben & Jerry’s, a mall, the Cheesecake Factory, and English literature).
- Why Joy chose not to go to college directly after graduating from high school.
- Why Joy dropped her expenses by 50% to go full-time with her blog.
- How she met The Pioneer Woman.
- Why Joy recently relocated to New Orleans.
- Joy’s empowering approach to fear.
- How Joy is adjusting to the slower pace of New Orleans compared to Los Angeles.
- Joy’s recommendations for those contemplating a big move.
- Joy answers listener questions about motivation, growing a blog, her summer reading list.
- Joy’s biggest doubts concerning her upcoming third cookbook.
- Joy’s recommendations for those just starting out on this journey.
Joy’s upcoming cookbook, Homemade Decadence
LISTEN TO THE SHOW
Want more? Check out past Lively Show episodes here.
PS – Have you listened to all 20 Lively Show episodes? If so, please let me know — I would love to personally thank you!
WANT MORE INTENTION IN YOUR INBOX?
Follow by email and get the
WITH INTENTION QUICK START GUIDE