Yesterday I got back from Nashville after speaking at the AH Inspired retreat. I had a fantastic time with some amazing women.
But, today I’m back in action with a new Lively Show episode for you!
This one is good, guys.
Kate is smart, honest, vulnerable, and takes her craft seriously.
In this episode, we cover a gamut of topics including: how minimalism has evolved away from its original intent, her personal journey to learn to love and accept herself, and her relationship with mental health issues.
This episode is perfect for anyone who wants to learn more about minimalism, authenticity, thriving with mental health issues, or designing for Target.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL FIND OUT ABOUT
- How homeownership is going for Kate and her husband – and the journey they took to find the home they recently purchased.
- Kate’s thoughts on how minimalism been warped in the design world.
- Why Kate has devoted herself to “optimal-izing” her struggles with perfectionism and control.
- The evolution of Kate’s design aesthetic as she creates her new home, and the pressures she can feel from creating a space given she has a new home line out for Target.
- The challenges Kate faced with working within the constraints of a launch with Target for Wit and Delight and how she navigated those challenges to create her collection.
- How the Target collection has changed Kate personally and in her career.
- How Kate stays grounded during such an upswing in her career.
- The struggles Kate has had with mental health issues including anxiety, depression, and ADHD and her wish for others with other mental health issues.
- Kate shares her (brilliant and easy to understand) take on being authentic.
- What Kate would tell someone just starting out on this journey.
LISTEN TO THE SHOW
Want more? Check out more Lively Show episodes here.
PS – Life With Intention Online is currently open!
Join more than 150 students learning to become more peaceful, powerful, and present in their approach to possessions, personal habits, realtionships, and career. Register today.
PPS – If you liked this episode, you may also like: