Today I have a fun new episode of The Lively Show for you chalk full of actionable advice for starting your own business as an artist and adopting or rescuing a pet.
My guest today is Kim Vargo of Yellow Brick Home and The Pet Shop (her pet portrait business). She’s sharing about her unexpected journey to becoming a successful artist (over 700 custom paintings sold!) and pet rescue advocate.
If you have been confused about how to start a new blog or business, or if you are interested in learning more about pet rescue, this show is for you!
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL FIND OUT ABOUT
- How Kim got started in blogging and began selling her first pet portraits.
- How Kim wisely transitioned from her day job to her business full-time.
- How she balances business marketing and other content on her blog without overwhelming her readers.
- Kim’s pet rescue advice.
- Kim’s top three things it takes to become a successful artist.
- Why reaching out to people offline is important.
- How Kim got the energy and drive to work on her business while juggling a full-time job.
- What Kim would tell someone just starting out on this journey.
LISTEN TO THE SHOW
Want more? Check out past Lively Show episodes here.
PS – Who would you like to hear on the show? Please leave a comment recommending someone (or a specific topic) that you would love to hear more about.
Thank you so much!