How many times have you heard a story – here on the Lively Show or elsewhere online – which goes along the lines of, ‘I didn’t like my job… so I worked really hard and quit my job to start a full-time business’?
Though this narrative has been shared by many people online, there are also many times when quitting a full-time business and getting a full-time job is an even truer extension of our Values — and ultimately brings even more joy to our lives.
This is exactly what we’re talking about with letterpress designer, Melissa Gruntkosky. Melissa had a full-time business for four years, until she followed her intuition and took a fulfilling full-time job instead.
This episode is perfect for anyone who wants to hear an important (and less spoken about) perspective on the challenges of running a full-time business and an inspiring journey of someone who made a bold choice to live her Values.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL FIND OUT ABOUT
- How Melissa went from a teacher and business owner to employee and why.
- She tells us how she started her letterpress business while working other jobs.
- She tells us about her mistake of ignoring her intuition and not living from her values.
- How Melissa’s letterpress business was an emotional rollercoaster in her life.
- She shares how she has been able to rebuild the boundaries of her personal identity by stepping away from her business.
- Melissa tells us how uplifting her life became after leaving her business and how it improved her quality of life.
- She tells us about how much she gave up in her personal, family and social life in order to be a business owner and the effect it had on her.
- Melissa tells us how she learned that there are no specific rules for entrepreneurship.
LISTEN TO THE SHOW