I was introduced to Mimi through her husband’s co-author of The Five Minute Journal, UJ Ramdas (who was on the show last December).
Since my introduction to Mimi, I’ve become a huge fan of her helpful style videos and positive message.
In the show, we’ll be diving into the incredible journey filled with ups, downs, and hard work that has led Mimi to the inspiring, world-traveling life she now leads.
This episode is perfect for anyone looking to hear an inspiring story of someone with humble beginnings who wasn’t afraid to go after what she wanted throughout her life – and the unexpected lessons she learned going from working two full-time jobs to help support her family, to having all the time, freedom, and money she wanted.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL FIND OUT ABOUT
- What made Mimi want to move from Baku, Azerbaijan to Canada when she was 15.
- Why she decided to quit college after her first year.
- How Mimi helped support her family by working two full time jobs.
- Why she doesn’t worry about failure or making mistakes.
- What led Mimi and Alex to start Luxy Hair and why they decided to shift their career focus from selling services to selling products.
- Why Mimi fell into depression when she got all the time, money, and freedom she wanted.
- How she discovered that purpose, not success, is what leads to happiness.
- Why Mimi believes that routine and working with other people are vital for happiness.
- How a 10 day silent meditation retreat helped her discover her own purpose.
- What Mimi would tell someone just starting out on this journey.
LISTEN TO THE SHOW