Yesterday my youngest (and tallest) brother, Mike, came to visit. He’s living in Phoenix now, so we don’t get to see him very often.
To celebrate, yesterday started with a mimosa brunch and ended at Headquarters Beercade. And after many of my favorite dishes (mac and cheese from Wilde, nachos from Terascas)… my body is craving something healthy this morning.
Enter, my raspberry and kale smoothie.
Raspberry & Kale Smoothie
- 1 cup of raspberries
- 1/2 c of kale (I prefer the frozen kale at Trader Joes)
- 1 or 2 tablespoons of almond butter
- 3 small glasses of water
- Optional: 1 tablespoon chia seeds and/or flax
1. If you include the chia seeds, put the tablespoon of seeds in a small glass of water for a few minutes until they get their jelly-like exterior. Stir if needed.
2. Toss all ingredients in the blender and blend on high for 1-2 minutes.
It’s fast, easy, and gives me a good dose of veggies and fruits right when I wake up. I’m also recently into the chia seeds as a great extra boost (awesome for the digestive track).
Got your own go-to smoothie? Feel free to share your recipe with me in the comments!