Today’s episode is a lively conversation with author, wordsmith, and thought leader, Alexandra Franzen.
Alexandra’s website is a go-to resource for me when it comes to finding how to say what isn’t always easy to say. She’s got a wealth of information and soul-filled guidance to share.
In today’s show we are covering a wide variety of topics including: getting the most out of our day, scheduling our calendars with intention, amazing books that have changed our lives, and saying no to people in a graceful and respectful way.
This show is perfect for anyone looking to listen to a thought-provoking conversation around ways we can live our lives deliberately and peacefully.
(Note: If the pop-up button above doesn’t work, try using this link to get the guide.)
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL FIND OUT ABOUT
- Why Alexandra bought a house at age 24, and how she realized that home ownership wasn’t as important for her as she originally thought.
- The message that flipped one of Alexandra’s least productive days into one of her best days of the year.
- Why the “Today is not over yet” mentality does not necessarily mean working more.
- I share Jonathan Field’s 3 baskets theory to help us understand how to get more out of our lives in all areas.
- Alexandra shares the habit change that has improved her mental clarity and her writing.
- How she approaches her fitness as a deliberate experiment.
- What Alexandra’s next book topic will be.
- How Alexandra transforms saying “no” into a positive experience for both people.
- Our favorite books right now.
- What Alexandra would tell someone just starting out on this journey
Essentialism by Greg McKeown
Less by Marc Lesser
The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
Die Empty by Todd Henry
PDF for The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up
LISTEN TO THE SHOW