Happy Thursday to you!
Today on The Lively Show, I’m talking with Ali Edwards of AliEdwards.com. Ali is a leader in the scrapbooking world, and has reframed what it means to scrapbook, through the lens of telling your life story intentionally.
But our conversation extends far beyond scrapbooking – we cover a gamut of topics centered around what it means to live with the unexpected changes and challenges that come our way throughout our lives.
From Autism to divorce, Ali shares about the peace that comes with “living in the grey” and embracing the fact that life may have a different (even better) plan for us than what we’ve imagined.
This episode is perfect for anyone who struggles (or knows someone who struggles) with all-or-nothing thinking, or who is dealing with an unexpected change in their lives.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL FIND OUT ABOUT
- How Ali has shifted the focus of traditional scrapbooking to what she calls intentional scrapbooking.
- What having a child with Autism has taught Ali and how it has prepared her for other aspects of her life.
- How Ali handles the immediate black and white reactions of her ego in order to embrace the gray and the imperfections in life.
- The mantra that came to Ali early in her divorce that helped her move through it without “stuffing” and with grace.
- What Ali would tell someone who is grappling with an unexpected or grief creating situation in their life.
- How Ali intentionally shared her divorce with her readers.
- The books that have influenced Ali the most, particularly during her divorce.
- The word that Ali is focused on this year, and why she isn’t liking it so much anymore.
- What Ali would tell someone just starting out on this journey.
LISTEN TO THE SHOW
Want more? Check out more Lively Show episodes here.
PS – If you liked this show, you may also like: