More and more often I am getting questions about entrepreneurship, and starting a small business- which I LOVE to talk about. So I would like to offer my advice regarding small business, ways to grow, or what running a small business is like. Please post your questions in the comment section and on Friday I give my honest and candid opinion on the topics you propose.
I will also state that my advice is based on my personal experience in business and may not be applicable for all companies. (So please don’t sue.) But I can say that:
- I started my company at the age of 15. Which means I have been a business owner for nine years.
- My jewelry is sold in over 95 stores across the country (and one in Canada- yea for Oliver and Lilly’s!)
- I work alongside four part-time employees, interns, sales reps, and several freelance workers to keep Jess LC running.
- Jess LC is 100% organically funded (no big start-up funds for this little lady).
- I personally create and maintain the website.
- I graduated from the University of Michigan’s Ross School of Business with a Bachelors of Business Administration in 2007 and moved to Chicago to pursue Jess LC full-time.
So now that you have a quick idea of how I spend my time: Please, ask away!