Today on the Lively Show we’re talking with Crystal Palecek, the founder and Editor-in-Chief of the popular online interior design and lifestyle magazine, Rue Magazine.
Crystal recently gave birth to her first child, Benjamin Andrew Palecek, on April 14th. Just a few weeks before his birth, Crystal shared openly with me about the challenges she’s had during her pregnancy, and what she’s learned about the intersection of pregnancy and perfectionism.
Plus, I help Crystal set some Values-based intentions to help her peacefully navigate this season of her life as well.
This show is perfect for anyone who wants to hear about the intersection of perfectionism, pregnancy, and setting Values-based intentions to guide peaceful choices amidst uncertainty.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL FIND OUT ABOUT
- How she started Rue magazine.
- How Crystal juggled her full-time job while launching of her business.
- Crystal’s advice to anyone wanting to start an online magazine.
- The #1 trait Crystal looks for when hiring (hint: it’s not talent!).
- What Crystal thought pregnancy would be like before she got pregnant, and how her actual experience was dramatically different.
- How her pregnancy has intersected with perfectionism.
- How Crystal sets boundaries between work life and personal life.
- How this pregnancy experience has inspired her to go deeper in the content of Rue.
- Jess helps Crystal set Values-Based Intentions for her exercise and eating habits.
- What Crystal would tell anyone just starting out on this journey
LISTEN TO THE SHOW