(Post written by Kelsey of The Capital Barbie)
Once again I just want to thank Jess for letting me be a part of your daily reading for the last few months.Â These posts have been so much fun for me to write and I hope you have enjoyed them as well.
This December you are so busy.Â Don’t even try to act like you have it under control, because in the back of your mind you have gifts to wrap or a holiday party to attend or plan.Â It’s ok.Â Tis the season.Â But, don’t forget to take care of yourself, because without making yourself happy how are you going to spread the cheer?
Happy Holidays and Happy New Year! Here are my dos and don’ts for the month of December.
- Say you’re sorry when you mean it.Â But when in the workplace, always follow it up with: “I’m sorry I’m so fabulous”, “I’m sorry I’m so efficient”, “I’m sorry you didn’t like my brilliant idea.” You rock.Â Don’t apologize for it.
- RSVP to a holiday party without a plus one.Â They invited YOU for a reason, grab a glass, work the room, and have a great time!
- Bail on plans because Elf is on TV…again.Â “Santa! I know him!”
- Take advantage of the zero-spending weekend(s) at your parent’s place this holiday season.Â Don’t forget to use that saved money to buy them a really nice and thoughtful gift.
- Eat cookies. Lots and lots of cookies.
- Open your presents before the sacred day.Â This goes for Christmas, birthdays, Hanukkah, Flag Day, you name it.Â It’s a gift for a reason it will mean more when you open it when you’re supposed to!
- Wear Uggs to church, a party or any other intimate gathering where other people have made the effort to put real shoes on.Â I know it’s cold, but you’re going to make it I promise.
- Say “Happy Holidays” or “Merry Christmas” to anyone without meaning it.Â What do you love about this time of year? Channel that into how you wish someone cheer.
- Forget to make a snow angel! And then run back inside and drink insane amounts of hot chocolate but just for the mini marshmallows.
- Fantasize about being someone who is more ________ in 2011 (popular, thin, beautiful, etc) focus on being someone who lives.Â Wake up in 2011 and don’t waste a day of it.