And my 31st birthday.
These are three things that are all happening today on The Lively Show, and I’m pinching myself to make sure this isn’t just a dream….
…. A lovely dream that I cannot wait to share with you!
Today we’re talking with worldwide bestselling author, Elizabeth Gilbert – of Big Magic, and Eat Pray Love fame – about a wide range of topics including creativity, the fetishization of passion, the magic of curiosity, and the importance of epic doses of self-compassion.
This episode is perfect for anyone looking to have a more compassionate + creative life, career, and relationship with themselves.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL FIND OUT ABOUT
- How Elizabeth’s childhood spent living on a farm contributed to her creativity.
- Why Elizabeth doesn’t preach passion to others, and what she thinks is a better alternative to passion.
- How she is repurposing and reclaiming the word “entitlement.”
- Why Elizabeth believes people shouldn’t quit their day jobs in order to be creative.
- Why she thinks service is not effective if you don’t love the work.
- How Elizabeth is able to avoid martyrdom in her life and solve conflicts in a creative and playful way.
- Why self compassion is essential for a joyful and beautiful life.
- How Elizabeth distinguishes between the soul and the ego and how her soul has kept her going through rejection and scrutiny.
- What she believes is the best way to help others.
- How Elizabeth has come to understand and work with her psychological creative cycles.
- What Elizabeth would tell someone just starting out on this journey.
Squarespace Mini Interview: Bryn Huntpalmer of The Birth Hour Podcast
LISTEN TO THE SHOW
Photo by Timothy Greenfield-Sanders