Can I please just start off by saying that I’m terribly nervous to be here?Â I’m kind of equating Jess letting me guest blog for today to that idiot “pants on the ground” guy on American Idol.Â Not talented, but should probably be shown to America in order to be mocked continuously.Â Hopefully I will crush this prospect and wow all of you amazing followers with wit, charm, and maybe even more guest posts in the future!
Now that we are familiar with one another, why don’t I tell you why I’m here?Â I live in Washington, DC and I am a twenty-something who loves food and fashion but on a budget.Â Wanna be friends? Great!Â I reached out to Jess not only because I read her blog religiously but also because I think I could offer some advice on MMLing from another perspective.Â I’d like to think I’m a combination of Jess and Heidi; I don’t like clutter but I love buying pretty things (Jess) and I love to love myself but sometimes I forget to (Heidi).
I think what I would like to write about is the dos and don’ts of making yourself smile.Â Everyday.
- Have confidence in your abilities
- Give yourself space to take breaks every now and then
- Start your to-do list with a task you’ve already done
- Begin thinking about lunch at 9:35 A.M
- Be truthful about your own feelings. If you are happy, acknowledge the joy. If you are sad, acknowledge the sorrow
- Put cheese on top of any meal, it just makes it better
- Question your abilities- if you haven’t noticed, you rock.
- Be afraid of not knowing the answer, the future, or all of the above
- Worry about the number on the scale- worry if you look too freakin’ gorgeous for work
- Try to please everyone, you will always be disappointed
- Burn the popcorn
- Put yourself down.Â Ever.
These are just the start of some things that I think are so important to remind yourself of today.Â We all have busy schedules, invitations, meetings, stressful relationships; sometimes it’s hard to balance and focus.Â Hey, it’s OK!Â Delegate the tasks that you can, I know you’re Superwoman but didn’t you know that’s why they gave her a cape?Â So she can fly over all of her tasks and to-dos and look at the big picture from above. Everything will get done.Â If you read MML then I know you already take pride in your work and worry about disappointing others from time to time.Â Remember, worry causes wrinkles and let’s be honest, you can dress up or dress down Jess LC‘s collection, but do you really want to do it with worry lines?Â Exactly.Â Smile.
Like Kelsey?Â You can find also find her at thecapitalbarbie.blogspot.com