Today we’re having a fun chat with Jen Gotch, co-founder of the popular personality-filled accessory line, Ban.do!
We’re talking about her extensive list of careers in traditional and non-traditional fields: from pre-law to being an extra on her favorite TV shows. — And how she eventually stumbled into the start of her very successful accessory line, Ban.do.
We’re also talking about her decision to sell her company, as well as her passion for the Art of Relaxation and keeping her creative muscles strong.
This episode is perfect for anyone looking to learn more about Jen, strengthen their creative muscles, relax more, or hear from someone who has sold a business and become a creative director.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL FIND OUT ABOUT
- The variety of traditional jobs (like law and teaching) that Jen went through before realizing she was a creative.
- The mix of creative jobs Jen had including being an extra on TV, acting, and food styling.
- How Ban.do got started and why Jen now regrets naming the company Ban.do.
- Why Jen and her partner chose to sell Bando, how she continues on in a new role, and why it was the best thing to happen for her and her partner.
- Why Jen plans mostly for today and lives in the present moment.
- What The Art of Relaxation means to Jen and how she makes time for the things that bring her joy and relaxation.
- How Jen keeps her creative muscles strong.
- How Jen strives for perfection without demanding it of herself or her staff.
- What Jen would tell someone just starting out on this journey.
Mindy Kaling’s autobiography, Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?
Amy Pohler’s autobiography, Yes Please
LISTEN TO THE SHOW
Want more? Check out more Lively Show episodes here.
PS – If you liked this show, you may also like: