Today’s show is quite simply… epic for any fans of John and Sherry Petersik of Young House Love!
John and Sherry are the husband and wife duo that have a
large mammoth and devoted community that has followed their DIY successes, home decor adventures, and personal journey since 2007.
Then, in October of 2014, they decided to leave their full-time blogging career behind.
But they’re back… at least on today’s podcast!
They are covering all the bases:
– What they’ve been up to since they stopped blogging.
– How their careers have evolved post-blog.
– A sneak peek behind their new book, Lovable, Livable Home (launching September 22nd!).
– What’s new with Clara, Teddy, and Burger.
– How their blog/life boundaries and priorities have changed.
– Why they stopped blogging.
– The role positive and critical feedback played in closing the blog.
– And – of course – whether or not they plan to re-open the blog.
Let’s go to the show!
PS – For those who cannot hear podcasts, we have made a transcript for this episode.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL FIND OUT ABOUT
- What enabled John and Sherry to quit their jobs and focus on their blog full time while raising their children.
- What John and Sherry have been doing since they stopped blogging in October of 2014, and how they have been able to use the skills they developed while blogging to make a living without their platform.
- John and Sherry tell us about their new book.
- How their home decorating and DIY process has changed since they stopped blogging and why they feel in some ways the process is more genuine and enjoyable now.
- The scrutiny they received by readers of their blog and the role it played in their decision to leave blogging.
- Why feedback, both good and bad, hindered their ability to be authentic.
- Their advice to someone who is struggling with public scrutiny online.
- How John and Sherry have changed their conception of their self worth and found a better balance in their lives after leaving the blog.
- What John and Sherry would tell someone just starting out on this journey.
Lovable Livable Home (pre-order for September 22nd, 2015)
LISTEN TO THE SHOW
PS: Tomorrow I’m hosting the first of only two free, live (online) Intention Setting Workshops I’m doing in 2015!
I can’t wait to share how to set Values-based intentions from closet to career with you then!