Today I’m proud to announce a new series on MML called Keeping it Real. Inspired by the applause from my humbling bikini photo, I knew that I needed to wipe away the “blog gloss” a bit. But rather than show you a gross-ish picture of me every week, I thought you might like a little variety. (I kid.)
So that called for a guest series asking bloggers from around the web to share a peek into the not-so-great side of their life which might not be apparent.
Kicking the series off is Jill from Good Life For Less. She’s a gorgeous fashion blogger and a mom of two little ones. From looking at her beautiful pictures and pulled together outfits, it would be easy to think she’s doesn’t have a care in the world.
Take it away, Jill!
Hello makeundermylife readers! I’m a huge fan of Jess – both what she does here on MML and with Jess LC. So naturally, I was more than happy to air my dirty laundry via Keeping It Real.
As a blogger, I try my hardest to put my best foot forward and luckily since I’m the Editor in Chief of good life, I usually succeed. But we all know that blogs have a way of making our lives look pretty and shiny – or more specifically OTHERS’ lives look pretty and shiny. I personally wouldn’t describe my life as pretty OR shiny (those two words wouldn’t even be in the Top 20 Words I Use To Describe My Life). Here are a few facts about my life as a blogger in real life:
- To get five or six decent pictures for an outfit post, my husband usually has to take 80 or 90 pictures total. (I’m terrible at closing my eyes mid-shot or of just generally looking awkward).
- Good lighting and make-up are essential for good pictures. In real life, good lighting rarely follows me around and as a busy working mom… make-up just doesn’t happen some days. Like in these photos… taken, ironically (or not!?), on the day that Jess asked me to contribute to this series!
- I stand in my closet and protest “I have absolutely NOTHING to wear” regularly (daily!?!?). And I call myself a “stylist”. I know, I’m such a fraud.
- At age 33, it can feel hard to compete with the gals that are much younger, prettier and peppy-er than me. There I said it, the age ‘cat’ is out of the bag.
- Also, I’m pretty sure there is a toilet or shower in my home that needs scrubbing right now. I’m actively avoiding that bathroom.
Love Jill? You can find her here.