After the awesome reception of Kelsey’s list last month, she’s back to share her list for September. Enjoy!
First of all I would like to say thank you to all of you.Â Because of your wonderful feedback, Jess would like me to contribute more often to Makeunder My Life and I couldn’t be more honored.Â Since it looks like I’m sticking around for a little while, please feel free to contribute ideas for future “dos and don’ts” in the comment section.Â I want to write what you want to read.
So this month’s Dos and Don’ts are about one of life’s most important treasures: television.Â September brings back our favorite show premieres and football.Â And let’s be honest, if you haven’t been fantasizing about Mr. Shuster singing to you and only you in the choir room all summer- wait that was just me?Â Oh…moving on!
- Theme your cocktails around what show you’re watching (i.e. martinis for Mad Men, blue or red slushees for Glee).
- Give yourself a pat on the back for allowing yourself 30 minutes, an hour, or 3 hours to enjoy a show- no Blackberry allowed.
- Make delicious dips, spreads and finger foods for football games.Â It gives you a reason to invite friends over and its cheaper than going out.
- Allow yourself to relax!Â September is a stressful time; whether it’s the beginning of a new school year or things are picking back up at work- just know you are worth sitting down on the couch and laughing at The Situation.
- Let yourself grieve that Jack Bauer isn’t coming back this Fall, but 30 Rock, Modern Family, and The Office are so it’s going to be ok.
- Complain about his incessant remote-control flipping on Saturday and Sunday.Â Men know when and where to flip the channel.Â It’s an innate gift.Â They’re just trying to catch as much football as possible.
- Try to understand why the show Wipe Out got renewed for another season.
- Count the number of Cool Ranch Doritos you’ve eaten during a quarter.Â It’s the law.
- Rely on Snooki for your political issue awareness.Â Yes, Obama put a tax on tanning beds but Snooki was also arrested for being an “annoying drunk”.
- Allow your DVR get down to 0% capacity; you deserve a little ‘me time’ and whether that is Discovery Channel with Mike Rowe (swoon) or a guilty pleasure like Jerseylicious; it doesn’t matter, enjoy it!
Like me? Well thanks, I like you too! You can also find me at thecapitalbarbie.blogspot.com.