Kelsey author of the Captial Barbie with her take on November’s Do’s and Don’ts.
Kelsey’s November Dos and Don’ts List
Hey there lovebugs.Â Welcome to the holiday season!Â Fall is upon us and before you know it Santa will be right around the corner.Â But before he gets here I wanted to do a special list on thankfulness.
thankful (adjective)- feeling or expressing gratitude; appreciative.
Synonyms: gratitude, admiration, love
For one moment, sit still and think about the word thankful.Â When was the last time you used it?Â Maybe in the form of “thank you” which if you ask me isn’t used enough these days.Â Perhaps it was a casual “thanks” or in an email “tx”.Â But when was the last time you thought about the word “thankful”?Â Was it last Thanksgiving?Â When were you last FULL of thanks? Let’s try to be more thankful year round instead of just at the holidays.Â There is so much in our daily lives that we take for granted.Â Be full of thanks for the little and the big things.
Here’s my list of the dos and don’ts of being thankful.
- Be thankful for your mom’s/grandma’s/sister’s/or aunt’s apple pie recipe.
- Take time every single day to think about just ONE thing you are thankful for, even if its an awesome eyebrow wax.
- A la mode everything.
- Do take seconds.Â On everything: dinner, life, friends, and family.
- Give back.Â However you can.
- Wear Spanx to Thanksgiving dinner.
- Be greedy or gluttonous.
- Think about the calories in the gravy: if you eat it with turkey ON Thanksgiving its 0 calories.Â You didn’t know that?
- Forget to ask your grandparents to tell you a story about their past.
- Forget your sneakers on Black Friday.