Today’s Lively Show was recorded in Austin and… NASA!
That is a sentence I never expected to type here on the blog.
… But how cool is that?!
I’m talking with a Lively Show listener, Sarah Ruiz, of Saroy.net.
I discovered Sarah because of a link back to The Lively Show from her blog. When I saw her site, I knew she was someone I had to get on the show!
Sarah is a:
And NASA aerospace engineer.
With the cross between her engineering and creative side, I wanted to pick her brain and learn how she makes time for all of her passions, career, and relationships.
This show is perfect for anyone who has a 9 to 5, has several hobbies and interests, or wants to make time for what is most important in their lives.
(Plus, anyone who wants to learn a little more about what it’s like to work at NASA!)
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL FIND OUT ABOUT
- What it’s like to work for Nasa, and a little bit about the life of an astronaut.
- How Sarah’s college experience led to getting hired by Nasa as a graduate.
- What it’s like to work on the International Space Station with teams in Russia, Europe, Japan, and beyond.
- The many passions and hobbies that Sarah has outside her day job at Nasa and how she makes time for them all along with caring for her toddler, Emma, and spending time with her husband.
- The things Sarah has delegated to make sure she has time for what’s most important to her.
- The one little word that helped Sarah stay more present and peaceful during her second year as a mom juggling so much on her plate.
- Sarah’s advice for anyone juggling a lot on their plate and want to do it all.
- The important realization that Sarah made about the role of the hobbies in her life.
- Sarah’s advice for those who want to stick to a 9 to 5 but don’t like their current position.
- The internal struggles Sarah faces as someone who works full-time outside the home, but had a full-time stay at home mom as a child.
What Sarah would tell someone just starting out on this journey.
Life With Intention Online – special holiday rate expires tomorrow, 12/12.
LISTEN TO THE SHOW
Want more? Check out more Lively Show episodes here.
PS – These are the last two days for the Life With Intention Online Holiday rate for the Feb/2015 class (closes 12/12)! Register here.
PPS – If you liked this show, you may also like: