“Don’t you love New York in the fall? It makes me want to buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address..”
-Joe Fox from You’ve Got Mail
It’s true that I’m a student again (and have been for the past few years).Â Fall fresh starts are very real in the scholastic setting, but there is so much more to it than that!Â Regardless of our scholastic standing our lazy summers transition back into the daily routines of life which makes it a perfect time to set some goals and get a jump start on the January resolutions!Â In my humble professional opinion, the end of August through the first few weeks in November is the best time to create real and lasting change (that often gets set aside over the holidays, but can easily be picked up again in January).
Each of our journeys is unique.Â All of us are strong in some areas and weak in others.Â I find that my clients fall into one of the following five categories:
- Serenity Now– seeking an inner calm, personal peace and greater resolve to gracefully navigate the changes and trials that come to each of us
- Get Up and Going– seeking greater energy, a firm resolve to accomplish goals and stick to them.
- Personal Discovery– seeking to shed layers of life, discover their unique mission and path and start forging forward.
- Value Chiropractic– seeking to realign daily activities in life to their core valuesÂ for greater daily satisfaction in all aspects of life
- Bring Sexy Back– seeking to increase confidence overall glow and swagger
Let’s face it, any of us could use a boost in the above categories, but if you mull over them, or even just glance at them I think you’ll see an area that resonates.Â This is the first year that I am approaching my Fresh Fall Start in the same way I’d approach a new client, but I love the focus and the light that these areas shed on every aspect of life.
It’s incredibly effective to take a theme and apply it to our lives!Â In business it’s always suggested that you niche and hone in on doing something really well.Â If you apply the same guidance into your own personal goals there is an extraordinary amount of success that can come quickly.Â The best part is realizing you’ve got one area under control and migrating to another area.Â If you get started now, you just might be ready for something new in January!Â How fun is that?
In order to use a niche-like goal setting formula for this fall you’ll want to do 3 things:
- Pick a Niche (or create one of your own).Â This is the theme for the fall, the year or whatever period of time you are working with.Â Make sure that it’s all encompassing and that it’s an attitude or a focus that your goals can work with in.
- Think about the tangibles you’d like to accomplish and what they might look like with your Niche.Â If you are increasing your fitness and your niche is Personal Discovery, you might want to try out a variety of new sports or ways of staying in shape so you can discover which ones you truly enjoy and want to keep at.Â Does this make sense?Â You are viewing your goals through a specific lens.Â Ideally they all build together so you feel the way you want to feel.
- Put your concrete plans onto paper.Â Write them down and create the needed routines into the new schedules you are building for the fall.Â Now is the time to implement!Â The next few weeks are crucial as you carve your autumnal schedules and habits.Â If you don’t make something a priority now, it probably won’t happen later.
To Be Luminous Coaching Giveaway
I loved, loved, loved working with my last free coaching client from MML and am offering another free series ofÂ 6 coaching sessions to a reader who comments!Â I’m also opening up a coaching sale to MML readers who set up their initial (free) consultation in the next week.Â You’ll get six coaching sessions for only $250.Â Just email me at email@example.com and mention MML in your initial consultation request or with any questions you have.Â Of course, if you win the free six sessions, you won’t pay anything.
As you start pulling out your wrap-me-up clothes and start planning your new fall routines, why not take stock and get a jump start on the resolutions you know you’ll be making come January?Â Which area do you want to work on?